Dear Patients and Parents,I wanted to update you about what we do at Rio Grande Oral Surgery and Dentalimplant center on a daily basis to minimize the exposure of our patients and teammembers to any pathogens, including the new coronavirus, COVID-19.We have always followed Universal Precautions according to the CDC and ADA for thewelfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable nitrile gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear whiletreating patients.
- We use hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we seeeach patient with disinfecting solution designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments and open the instrumentation in frontof patients.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters anddoorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes.
During this new normal with COVID-19 we ask our patients and families for the followingconsiderations:
- Please limit family members coming into the clinic with the patient, to those neededfor the appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill, please call our office to reschedule yourappointment or your child’s appointment. Please do not come in coughing or sneezinginto the office.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients andfamilies, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
We will continue to monitor various dental and surgical association recommendationsalong with those of the CDC, ADA and other governmental departments and actaccordingly. We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact ouroffice with any questions or concerns you may have during this time 505-821-211
Drew Steel, DMD
Rio Grande Oral Surgery and Implant Center
8228 Louisiana Blvd., Ste. B
Albuquerque, NM 87113